- Opportunistic infections of the respiratory tract – common colds and flu.
- Sore throat – pharyngitis and tonsillitis.
- Hoarseness and voice loss – laryngitis.
- Upper respiratory tract allergies such as hayfever.
- As an immunomodulator in the management of infections and allergic disorders of the upper respiratory tract, skin, soft tissues, mouth, eyes, joints and urinary tract.
- Recovery in postoperative conditions.
- To reduce recurrent infections in individuals with weakened immune systems.
- To boost treatment of antibiotic-resistant infections.
Ayurveda texts and modern research back the following facts:
Tinospora Gulancha (Guduchi) is a potent antimicrobial that has immunostimulatory properties, which helps in increasing the level of antibodies. This helps in building up the body’s resistance to infections.
Licorice (Yashtimadhu) enhances immunostimulation and increases macrophage (white blood cells that ingest antibodies) function in vitro. It is also an antiviral agent and an expectorant, which is beneficial in asthma, acute or chronic bronchitis and chronic cough.
Indian Bdellium (Guggulu) has anti-inflammatory properties and helps soothe symptoms such as a sore throat. As an antioxidant, Indian Bdellium helps in maintaining overall health.
From 18 months: 1 tablet 2 x a day
Adults: 2 tablets 2 x a day
1 tablet 2 x a day
Precautions: not recommended in early pregnancy.
Septilin is not known to have any side effects if taken as per the prescribed dosage.