The Real Thing Ecklonia Cava
The Real Thing
A patented, super-antioxidant complex found in 100% organic Ecklonia cava brown ocean algae. It does something for everything.
Research into oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) scores show that Ecklonia cava Extract has eight to more than 200 times more antioxidant potential than other known antioxidants. So you score too!
• Cardiovascular health
• Pain management
• Glucose balance
• Weight loss
• Hair loss
• Erectile dysfunction
• And more…
What? All we need is algae. Specifically, a unique brown algae found off the coasts of Korea and Japan: Ecklonia cava.
What else? It’s been used for centuries as an all-round health tool in the East. It’s also been scientifically scrutinised for more than 14 years. This is how we know that Ecklonia cava does so many good things for so many parts of you.
Why? Mostly because it’s an antioxidant factory. The algae grow in a harsh marine environment where cold mountain run-off water mixes with warm seawater and stimulates antioxidant super-production. The result is this patented extract of super-potent polyphenol and phlorotannin antioxidants. Or rather, super-antioxidants.
What's special about Ecklonia cava extract?
1. It stays in our system.
2. It’s got super-antioxidants.
How does it help us?
Ecklonia cava extract makes its presence felt in multiple body sites and systems. It’s an all-over antioxidant complex.
• Better blood pressure. Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) is an enzyme that is known to cause hypertension and blood vessel constriction. Aging and vascular risk factors are known to up ACE levels. But according to a 2006 study published in the Korean Journal Pharmacognosy, EC extract can suppress this enzyme and so reduce blood pressure levels as effectively as certain ACE-inhibitor drugs.
• Cuts blood clots. Plasmin is an enzyme that breaks down blood clots. Anti-plasmin is a protein that blocks plasmin’s action. Fortunately, EC extract has a natural anti-anti-plasmin effect. That’s why it helps thin the blood and reduce clots.
• Reversed atherosclerosis. In 2001, research at the Cardiology Division of Korea's Yonsei University showed that in heart disease patients with 50% narrowed coronary arteries, EC extract can regenerate the lining and structure of blood vessels and reduce atherosclerosis.
• Lower lipid levels. The same study also found the extract can reduce bad LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels while increasing good HDL cholesterol levels.
• Lower cardiovascular risk. The primary message from the Yonsei University study was that just six weeks of EC extract treatment for heart disease patients leads to better overall circulation and a “substantially reduced cardiovascular risk profile”. We like the sound of that!
• In arthritis. In treating osteoarthritis, EC extract has been shown to reduce pain and inhibit the inflammatory COX enzymes. In a 2006 study published in the Archives of Pharmacal Research, EC extract was found to be at least as effective as certain COX-2 inhibitor pharmaceutical drugs.
• In fibromyalgia. An unpublished 2005 clinical study has found that EC extract treatment can reduce fibromyalgia patients’ pain by as much as 30%. Plus it helps with other symptoms, leading to 71% more energy, 56% more sleep, an 80% improvement in sleep quality, and 39% better day-to-day functioning.
• Better blood glucose levels. Its anti-inflammatory effect means EC extract can also help to stabilise glucose levels and stimulate insulin sensitivity.
• Diabetes support. Research from the College of Medicine at Yonsei University has shown that EC extract caused substantial drops in blood sugar levels in pre-diabetic women. Another study from the Department of Internal Medicine at Korea University showed that the extract effectively lowered fasting serum glucose in a group of early-phase diabetics.
• Increased fat loss. Study subjects who drank an EC extract drink for two weeks were found to lose weight, gain muscle and shed an average of 7% body fat. In another study with clinically obese patients, the EC drink led to a 2.4kg weight loss and a 15% reduction in visceral fat.
• More muscle gain. Because EC extract reduces fat synthesis and storage, it helps your body use more energy. But it’s also thought to increase levels of human growth hormone, which makes muscle grow and body fat shrink.
• Support for obesity. EC Extract naturally inhibits an enzyme involved in fat synthesis called DGAT for short. In fact, 2004 research from the University of Washington has shown that it can inhibit this fat manufacturer by 30 to 70%.
• Prevents hair follicle death. Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 or MMP-9 is an enzyme that’s active in hair follicle destruction and hair loss. The good news for men (and some women) is that EC Extract is thought to downregulate MMP-9 and so preserve follicles and fuller heads of hair.
• Reduces blood pressure and balding. A surprising but strong connection has been made between hypertension and androgenetic (hereditary or male-pattern) hair loss. EC extract has also been shown to reduce blood pressure. Should help with hair loss.
• Better blood flow where it counts. EC extract clearly helps to improve blood pressure and circulation. This is why it’s thought to have such a sizeable effect on penile blood flow and erectile function. And it really does: a clinical study published in the Archives of Pharmacal Research showed that eight weeks of EC extract treatment had comparable or better results than Viagra. While the extract’s erectile function scores were equal to those achieved by the famous pharmaceutical, it did significantly better when it came to orgasmic function, intercourse satisfaction and overall satisfaction. Try these numbers for size...
% IMPROVEMENT WITH EC EXTRACT
Erectile function – 66%
Orgasmic function – 87%
Frequency of penetration – 74%
Maintaining erection post penetration – 77%
Intercourse satisfaction – 74%
Sexual desire – 20%.
• Reduces allergic reactions. EC extract has been shown to reduce allergic reactions and inflammation. In a University of Washington study, it was found to significantly relieve symptoms in mice with allergen-induced asthma.
• Fewer side-effects. Even better, EC extract can help manage allergies without the dizziness, drowsiness and other side-effects seen with anti-histamine treatment.
Neural function and memory
• Better brain function. The antioxidants in EC extract are fat-soluble and can cross the blood-brain barrier. Product research from 2006 has also shown that, once in the brain, they help increase blood flow and alpha brain waves, which improves mental acuity and focus.
• Increased alertness. EC extract has been shown to give professional drivers a 48% reduction in drowsiness while driving, and students an 11% drop in tiredness while studying.
• More memory. Acetylcholine (Ach) is a neurotransmitter linked to memory and cognition. EC Extract can increase Ach by 40% and reduce the enzyme that breaks it down by 60% to 80%. Which will give you a better chance of remembering this fact.
• Neural protection. It also inhibits the formation of the beta-amyloid precursor protein. This leads to fewer beta-amyloid plaques being deposited in the brain and less resultant nerve death. EC extract has been found to have a similar beta-APP lowering effect to a known acetylcholinesterase inhibitor drug.
• In dementia. A study with mild to moderate dementia patients showed that eight weeks of EC extract treatment led to better cognitive function and fewer or no symptoms in 80% of subjects.
• In Alzheimer’s. Early research at the Mirae Medical Institute in Korea assessed EC extract treatment on 300 mild to moderate Alzheimer’s patients. After three months, 60% of subjects showed enough improvement in memory and function to return to independent living.
What makes Ecklonia cava extract the real thing?
• What we put in it. Nothing but the purest, powdered super-antioxidant complex, extracted from the purest Ecklonia cava brown marine algae.
• What we don’t put in it: no binders, fillers, colourants, flavourants, preservatives or additives of any kind.
• How it’s grown. These algae grow off the coasts of Korea and Japan where a unique marine environment triggers the production of its unique phlorotannin and polyphenol antioxidants. The Ecklonia cava is natural and organic, and so is its extract.
• How it’s made. Our EC Extract is produced through a patented and food-compatible extraction and purification process in a GMP and HACCP approved facility.
How do we take it?
For maintenance, take 2 tablets daily. This can be increased to 2 tablets twice a day, or up to a maximum dose of 3 tablets four times daily. Or consult your health care practitioner.
Dosages used in clinical trials for specific conditions are as follows:
• Circulation and cholesterol – 300mg to 600mg per day.
• Arthritis – 600mg per day.
• Blood glucose reduction – 1.8g per day for pre-diabetics, 4.8g per day for diabetics.
• Weight loss – 200mg per day or 720mg per day.
• Endurance and exercise – 720mg twice a day.
• Erectile function – 2.4g per day (for 8 weeks).
• Neuropathic pain – 2g per day.
• Fibromyalgia – 1.2g to 2.4g per day.
• Cognitive function in dementia patients – 4.8g per day.
• Brain function and alertness – 720mg per day.
• Hair-loss – in vitro trials and anecdotal evidence support 800mg to 1 600mg per day.