Formula VM-Prime For Women
Solgar ® VM-PRIME ® for Women is an advanced multivitamin designed to provide nutrient levels that meet or exceed nutritional requirements for women over 50. For example, increased levels of vitamin B-12, Manganese, Zinc, Selenium, Chromium, Copper, and Molybdenum.
Fifty can be fabulous. Each stage of life (infancy, adolescence, adulthood, and senescence) has unique nutritional requirements. Young and adult populations up to the fourth decade of life require nutrients to support growth, such as the “building” of body tissues. By contrast, middle age and upwards are characterized by a decline in stature, loss of skeletal and muscle tissue, decreased nutrient intake and increased susceptibility to chronic disease. Therefore, it is recommended that people over the age of 50, in addition to a healthy and well-balanced diet, take a quality multivitamin. VM-PRIME for Women is designed to provide optimum nutrition for women seeking to maintain adequate nutrient intake and prevent the onset or progression of the disease.
In addition, the two-a-day dosage of VM-PRIME for Women has been made smaller than average multivitamin tablets, making them easier to swallow. This unique product supports you looking and feeling healthy from the inside out and has been created to support:
• Heart health including Thiamine which contributes to the normal function of the heart and Choline, which contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism
• Vitality of hair, skin, and nails as contains:
o Biotin, selenium, and zinc contribute to the maintenance of normal hair, skin & nails
o Copper which contributes to normal hair & skin pigmentation
o Vitamin C, iodine, niacin, vitamin A which contribute to the maintenance of normal skin & nails
• Collagen formation with Vitamin C which contributes to normal collagen formation
• Brain function as Iodine, iron, and zinc which contributes to normal cognitive function
• Hormonal support with Iodine which contributes to the normal production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function and Vitamin B6 which contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity
• Mood balance with Biotin, folate, magnesium, niacin, thiamine, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin C which all contribute to normal psychological function
• Vision with Zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2 which contribute to the maintenance of normal vision
• Healthy bones and teeth with Calcium, magnesium, manganese, vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, and zinc is needed for the maintenance of normal bones
• The combination of Calcium and vitamin D help to reduce the loss of bone mineral in post-menopausal women. Low bone mineral density is a risk factor for osteoporotic bone fractures
• Energy support with Biotin, iron, magnesium, and vitamin B1 which contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, and Folate, niacin, and Vitamins B2, B12, B6, and C which contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
• Immunity with Copper, folate, iron, selenium, vitamin A, B12, B6, C, D, and Zinc which contribute to the normal function of the immune system
• Digestion with Calcium which contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes
Three capsules daily at mealtimes or as recommended by your health care practitioner.
Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Yeast-Free. Free of artificial colourants, flavourants and sweeteners.
Calcium (as citrate, ascorbate), Bulking Agents: (microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, alginate, pea starch, dextrin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, modified food starch), Magnesium (as citrate, oxide), Vitamin C (as Ester-C ®, calcium ascorbate), Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate), Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex, Anti-caking Agents (vegetable stearic acid, silicon dioxide, vegetable magnesium stearate), Cellulose Gum, Choline (as bitartrate), Glazing Agents: (hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, vegetable glycerin (from palm kernel oil and coconut oil)), Pantothenic Acid (as D-pantothenate, calcium), Zinc (as picolinate), Colours: (purple carrot powder, titanium dioxide), Thiamin (vitamin B1, as thiamin mononitrate), Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl), Soybean Germ Powder† ([2%] Isoflavones), Inositol, Niacin (vitamin B3, as nicotinamide), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Manganese (as gluconate), Copper (as gluconate), Natural Source Beta-carotene, Lutein (from marigold flower), Chromium (as Chromax ®, chromium picolinate), Boron (as boric acid), Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin), Folate (as pteroylmonoglutamic acid), Selenium (as L-selenomethionine), D-biotin, Iodine (as potassium iodide), Molybdenum (as sodium molybdate), Vitamin K2 (contains soya and milk) (as menaquinone-7), Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) (gelatin from bovine).
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medications, planning any medical or surgical procedures or have any medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking any dietary supplement. Discontinue use and consult your healthcare practitioner if any adverse reactions occur. Store at room temperature. Do not use if the neck seal is missing or damaged. WARNING: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or Poison Control Center immediately.