The Real Thing Alli-Biotic Vegicaps
The Real Thing
It sounds like an “antibiotic” because it does the same thing. But without the side-effects, naturally. It’s 100% pure, stabilised allicin, the infection-fighting ingredient in garlic. Most garlic supplements don’t contain allicin – only its precursors, which don’t guarantee the protein itself.
The Real Thing Alli-Biotic contains the real thing itself – Allisure®, a concentrated, stabilised, clinically proven allicin extract. Enough adjectives for you?
• Helps fight infections caused by bacteria, fungi and viruses
• Reduces the incidence of the common cold
• Improves eczema and acne
• Effectively reduces blood pressure levels
• Effective in decreasing cholesterol levels
• Helps improve allergic symptoms
• Increases immune-cell activity
Get the specs
Alli-what? It’s not garlic. It’s the proactive protein that makes garlic great. Allicin. Nature’s proven, antimicrobial agent.
Why? Garlic is a superfood. Simple as that. The crushed kind has been found to help crush infections, reduce blood lipids, improve heart health and stimulate the immune system.
What is allicin?
It isn’t automatically available in garlic cloves. Rather, it’s a product of the plant’s inbuilt self-defence system. For emergency purposes only. Here's how it happens...
1. GARLIC IS INVADED OR CRUSHED. Garlic can sometimes be invaded by bacteria, fungi or parasites in the soil. This damages the bulb – just like when garlic is crushed.
2. INVASION TRIGGERS A REACTION. Within the clove, an enzyme called allinase converts a substance called alliin into a protein called allicin. It takes only a few seconds and looks something like this:
Alliin + allinase enyme = allicin
3. ALLICIN ATTACKS THE INVADER. The allicin produced in response to the damage immediately gets to fighting the infection.
THE message: If the garlic is not broken, it won’t fix you
Ever noticed that garlic doesn’t smell like garlic until it’s been crushed, cut or processed? Why? Because intact garlic cloves (like most garlic supplements) contain lots of alliin and allinase, but you need the active allicin to get the garlic effect.
How does it help?
1. ANTI-INFECTION. According to the UK’s Garlic Information Centre, studies consistently show that stabilised allicin can help fight infections caused by bacteria, fungi and even viruses. Such as what?
• Bacterial and fungal skin and nail infections, as well as infected skin conditions, cuts, open wounds, bites and stings, as well as fungal nail infections.
• Viral infections, including herpes viruses. That’s why allicin is useful in the treatment and prevention of cold sores.
• The common cold. A double-blind placebo-controlled study by the Garlic Information Centre found that allicin reduced the occurrence of the common cold and the number of recovery days needed when infected (published in Advances in Therapy, July/August 2001).
• “Superbug” infections. Recent research shows that allicin can even help combat multidrug-resistant bacteria, including “superbug” strains of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
• Eczema and acne. Because MRSA is six to seven times more likely to be found in cases of eczema and acne, allicin could prove especially useful for people with these conditions.
2. PRO-HEART HEALTH
• Better blood pressure. It’s been found anecdotally that stablised allicin can reduce blood pressure by up to 20%.
• Lower cholesterol. Research shows that garlic has significant cholesterol-lowering activity.
3. PRO-IMMUNE BALANCE
• Improved allergies. Allicin has been found to help improve allergic symptoms.
• More immune activity. Studies show that allicin can increase immune-cell activity.
What makes Alli-Biotic the real thing?
• What we put in it. Just pure, allicin. Unlike many other garlic supplements, The Real Thing Alli-Biotic contains allicin itself and not just its precursors alliin and alliinase.
• What we don’t put in it: no binders, fillers, contaminants, preservatives, colourants, flavourants or additives of any kind.
How does one take it?
Take 2 capsules daily, or consult your health practitioner.
• ORALLY: Can be mixed with water or a cold drink of your choice. Take a quarter teaspoon daily for maintenance or minor infections. This can be increased to one teaspoon or tablespoons three times a day. Consult your health practitioner.
• TOPICALLY: Can be used for eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, acne, cold sores (even preventatively when the skin starts to tingle), warts, athlete’s foot, fungal nail infections, and infected cuts, bruises, bites or stings. Can also be used in the mouth and ears, or on the gums for gum disease. Apply to the affected area at least twice daily, or when required.
NOTE: Taking too much garlic can hinder blood clotting. If taking anticoagulants or about to undergo surgery, consult your health professional before taking any garlic supplement. Garlic can also cause reactions in people who are allergic.
HERE’S A TIP FOR YOUR SKIN: Mix one teaspoon of the Alli-Biotic liquid with a tablespoon of The Real Thing Zeolites and add water to make a paste. Apply to your face, or any area of the skin (avoid the delicate eye area). Leave to dry for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.