The Real Thing Pro Protein
The Real Thing
The Real Thing Pro-Protein Hydrolyzed Collagen is one of the purest and most concentrated sources of collagen, with 95% protein content and amino acids unique to collagen.
The Real Thing Pro Protein Hydrolized Marine Collagen is one of the purest and most concentrated sources of collagen available offering an amazing 95% protein content containing amino acids totally unique to collagen.
While collagen is best known for promoting vibrant and youthful skin, as well as healthy hair and nails, it also regenerates joints, cartilage and connective tissue, improves joint mobility, and significantly reduces post-exercise muscle stress after heavy training.
It’s 95% protein. But not just any protein. It’s one of the purest and most concentrated sources of hydrolysed marine collagen protein available. Feed bones, cartilage and all connective tissues. Like a pro.
• Stimulates the release of growth hormones, which helps tissue to heal after injury.
• Benefits the heart and circulatory system
• Improves sexual function
• Helps improve joint strength and decrease joint pain
• Rich source of lean protein that makes a good dietary addition for vegetarians or people on a weight loss diet
• Helps build lean muscle mass by supplying the right raw material. and reduces muscle stress and strain after heavy training
• Used to effectively treat skin disorders and helps strengthen hair and nail follicles.
Get the specs
Pro-Protein contains all the amino acid puzzle pieces that come together to form collagen. And collagen is the main structural protein in cartilage, tendons, ligaments, bones, skin, hair and nails.
Our marine collagen is hydrolysed for easier digestion and absorption. This means it clocks in quicker, and gets to work boosting natural collagen levels and helping to rebuild cartilage and other connective tissues.
What's in it?
Protein is made up of amino acids. Pro-Protein marine collagen is made up of these:
1. PROLINE, HYDROXYPROLINE AND HYDROXYLYSINE. You can’t make collagen without this trio of amino acids – hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine are collagen specialists and only found in this protein. All three help make collagen more stable, which helps keep joint tissues strong and stable too. We love them for that.
2. GLYCINE. While most proteins don’t contain much glycine, collagen contains about 35%. It’s an important neurotransmitter and is needed for a healthy immune system. But, more importantly, it plays a role in the production of glycogen, the stored form of glucose that muscles use for fuel.
3. ARGININE. It stimulates the release of growth hormones, which helps tissue to heal after injury.
How does it help?
• GENERAL JOINT HEALTH. Collagen is an essential component of healthy bones, cartilage, tendons and ligaments. It helps improves joint strength. It helps decrease joint pain. And it helps increase flexibility. All at once.
• ARTHRITIS. Trials have found that arthritis patients who take a daily dose of hydrolysed collagen are able to reduce their medication.
• SPORTS PERFORMANCE. Marine collagen makes athletes more athletic. It’s an excellent source of glycine, the amino acid that allows us to produce more glycogen for muscle fuel. Studies also show that peptides (basic chains of amino acids) can improve recovery and reduce post-exercise stress and injury after strenuous training.
• MUSCLES. It helps build lean muscle mass by supplying the right raw material. Plus it reduces muscle stress and strain after heavy training.
• SKIN, HAIR AND NAILS. Collagen makes up the strong protein scaffold in skin, hair and nails. So it’s used to effectively treat skin disorders and helps strengthen hair and nail follicles.
FACT: The hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine found exclusively in collagen are pretty nice amino acids. They help smooth fine lines and increase skin elasticity. To keep us pretty and nice.
What makes Pro-Protein the real thing?
• It’s ultra-pure and concentrated – approximately 95% protein.
• No fat, cholesterol and refined sugars – unlike most other proteins.
• No additives of any kind.
• No side effects or safety issues.
How do we take it?
Mix 1 slightly heaped teaspoon (5g) of Pro-Protein into a glass of water, juice, a smoothie or your favourite sports drink. For a higher dose, and for use in sports, this can be increased to up to 1 heaped tablespoon two to three times daily, or consult your health practitioner.
To learn more about your bone and joint needs, visit http://therealthing.co.za/background-know-your-bone-and-joint-needs.html